Job TitleAcademic/Student Support Associate
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required. At least two
years of recruiting and advising experience within a higher education admissions
environment, knowledge of federal and state financial aid procedures. Applicant must be
a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and excellent computer skills.
The academic/student support associate is responsible to the Student
Affairs Manager for all assigned duties. He/she is responsible for the recruitment,
advising, and orientating prospective students.
A. Recruit, advise, evaluate, and enroll prospective students as directed.
B. Assist with orienting incoming students.
C. Inform prospective students of financial aid programs.
D. Assist with pre-registration
1. Determine the proper tuition/fees for incoming students
2. Assign students to proper classes
E. Provide individual or group advising and guidance regarding attendance,
conduct, and academics when needed.
F. Assist with identifying agencies that provide applicable services for applicants
G. Participate in related school, community, business, and industry activities.
H. Contact and communicate with secondary guidance counselors, principals,
teachers in high schools throughout the service area, and with Employment
Security, Vocational Rehabilitation, Human Services, Veterans Administration,
and other agencies that refer prospective students to the college.
I. Conduct tours of the college
J. Perform all other duties as directed by supervision/administration.
1. Display and model professionalism at all times.
2. Arrive to work on time daily.
3. Value and model accountability, commitment, equity, excellence, integrity and
4. Adhere to the established dress code (professional attire).
Application Procedure and Deadline:
1. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a TCAT Memphis Application.
2. The application can be found on the school website. www.tcatmemphis.edu
3. Application must include at least two (2) professional references.
4. Resumes and applications accepted until the position is filled.
5. Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to
employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States
may be employed.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
or email to: email@example.com
The job offers an excellent wage with benefits and paid vacation time.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-
Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability
or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to
handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Gwen Sutton, 550 Alabama
Ave, Memphis, TN 38105, phone no. 901-543-6137, Email: