Job TitleAviation Campus Coordinator
The Aviation Campus Coordinator is directly responsible to the President and assumes all designated responsibilities and prerogatives of the President. The Coordinator will assist the President in planning, organizing, and directing the instructional programs at the aviation campus. The coordinator is responsible for supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Aviation Campus including the evening program. The responsibilities also include assisting with recruitment, interviewing, and evaluation of applicants for employment. Recruiting and advising potential students in the selection of a proper course of training and providing orientation to new students. The Coordinator shall also perform other duties as directed by the President.
An Associate Degree, Bachelor 's Degree preferred, a minimum of three years of organizational management experience is required. Prior aviation related experience, knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations with supervisory experience a must. The successful candidate will possess excellent computer and communications skills.
- Good public relations with schools, businesses, industries and other community agencies, groups and individuals
- Supervising and evaluating instructors
- Retain records to FAA and Council on Occupational Education specification
- Review student attendance and conduct academic counseling with student s
- Provide program information and pe1form campus tours
- Conduct new student orientation
- Assist instructors in determining prior credit based on military and prior training
- Collect completion and placement data and disseminate to the records office
- Secure pai1time and substitute instructional personnel when needed
- Job placement for graduates of the program
- Complete FAA paperwork for graduates
- Coordinate the dual enrollment program with local high schools
- Update the FAA Manual and seek FAA approval when needed
- Responsible for maintaining the permanent storage of student records in paper or electronic format.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
1. Applicants must submit a resume and a TCAT Memphis Application.
2. The application can be found on the school website. www.tcatmemphis.edu
3. Application must include at least two (2) professional references
4. Resume and application accepted until position is filled.
5. Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
or email to: email@example.com