Job TitleAVIATION MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis is accepting applications for the position of Aircraft Mechanics Instructor.
The Instructor will be responsible for teaching the General Phase including: Concepts, Aviation Math and Physics, Aircraft hardware, Material Processes, Hand tools, Regulations, Publications and Records, Weight and Balance, Aircraft blueprints, Schematics & Graphics.
All classes will be held at the Aviation Extension Campus of the TCAT – Memphis located at 3435 Tchulahoma Road, Memphis Tennessee 38118.
The Instructor work hours will be 6:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Each class consists of 25 students, studying toward a diploma in Airframe and/or Powerplant, in preparation for all related areas of the FAA examination.
- Diploma in Aircraft Mechanics required, Associates degree preferred
- Post-secondary training in Aircraft Mechanics/Aviation
- Current A & P License
- Must adhere to FAR Part 147, related to aviation schools
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ related work experience as an A & P Mechanic
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher
- Must remain current in the aircraft maintenance profession and maintain program accrediting status
- Must show evidence of teaching ability
- Must have ability to interact with adult students
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality
- Must possess computer skills
- Must have ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Possess strong background in aviation math and physics, aircraft hardware, material processes, hand tools, regulations, weight and balance, aircraft blueprints, schematics & graphics.
2. Instruct, monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
3. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
4. Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
5. Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
6. Develop and maintain a strong program advisory committee.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
1. Must submit a resume and a TCAT Memphis Application (available on website)
2. Resume and application accepted until position is filled.
3. Application must include at least three (3) professional references
4. Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
5. Please complete the TCAT - Memphis job application located on this site. (tcatmemphis.edu)
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org