Job TitleAVIATION MECHANICS INSTRUCTOR
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis is accepting applications for the position of Aircraft Mechanics Instructor.
The Instructor will be responsible for teaching the Power Plant Turbine Engine phase including: Fundamental of Turbine Engines, Turbine Inlet Duct, Exhaust & Lubricating, Fuel Metering, Propellers, Fire Protection, Removal, Overhaul & Replacement, and Inspection/Troubleshooting.
All classes will be held at the Tchulahoma Extension Campus of the TCAT – Memphis located at 3435 Tchulahoma Road, Memphis Tennessee 38118.
- Diploma in Aircraft Mechanics required, Associates degree preferred
- Post-secondary training in Aircraft Mechanics/Aviation
- Current A & P License
- Must adhere to FAR Part 147, related to aviation schools
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ related work experience as an A & P Mechanic
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher
- Must remain current in the aircraft maintenance profession and maintain program accrediting status
- Must show evidence of teaching ability
- Must have ability to interact with adult students
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality
- Must possess computer skills
- Must have ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Possess strong background in aviation Turbine Engines
- Instruct, monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
- Develop and maintain a strong program advisory committee.
Projected Appointment Date
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application packet should include: A resume and a TCAT-Memphis Application (available on website); www.tcatmemphis.edu Email application packet to: email@example.com or mail to address below.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Gwen Sutton, Vice President, 550 Alabama Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105. Telephone #.: 901-543-6137, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org