Job TitleDental Laboratory Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Dental Laboratory Technology Instructor. If you have ever considered sharing your trade knowledge with others, we invite you to apply. Feel free to stop by the campus to visit with faculty and staff to determine if a rewarding career in teaching is appealing to you.
- Diploma from certified Dental Lab program, A.S. degree preferred
- Must possess or be eligible to earn CDT certification from NADL/NBC
- Must have at least 3 years current work experience in the field
- Teaching Experience
- Safety - should be familiar with ovens that reach 1800 degrees
- Proficient working with Bunsen burners and rotary equipment
- Experience with monomers and polymers, dental instruments and dental materials.
- Proficient in dental anatomy and terminology
- Instruct, monitor, grade, and evaluate individual student progress
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports
- Maintain up-do-date instructional equipment & materials
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry
- Participate in professional development activities
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, college transcript(s) and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Ave.
Memphis, TN 38105