Job TitleDiesel Mechanics Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis is accepting applications for a Diesel Technology Program Instructor. This is a full-time faculty position located at our main campus in Memphis, TN.
- Post-secondary credentials in Automotive Service Technology
- Current ASE Service Technician Certifications required with ASE G1 Maintenance & Light Repair and L1 Advanced Engine Performance technician endorsements preferred Ability to obtain Master ASE Certifications required. Master ASE credentials in all areas of cars and light trucks will be required within 18 months of hire
- Minimum of 3 years of current experience in the field
- Evidence of ability or potential ability to instruct all phases of Automotive Service Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to inspect, troubleshoot, service, and repair domestic and import automotive systems utilizing safe and proper methods, techniques, practices, and equipment
- Teach all phases of the program, including all eight areas of ASE certification for cars and light trucks: electrical and electronic systems, heating and air conditioning, engine performance, engine repair, brakes, suspension and steering, manual drive train, and axle/auto transaxle
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to remain current in the automotive service industry
- Maintain an active occupational program advisory committee in accordance with college accreditation standards
- Curriculum development, student record keeping, assisting with student recruitment, job placement and follow-up after graduation, and other duties as assigned by the President.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, education, and according to the guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
1. Applicants must submit a resume and a TCAT Memphis Application.
2. The application can be found on the school website. www.tcatmemphis.edu
3. Application must include at least two (2) professional references.
4. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
5. Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification before employment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and application to:
Attn: Pam Farley
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Gwen Sutton, 550 Alabama Ave, Memphis, TN 38105, phone no. 901-543-6137, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER