Job TitleFinancial Support Associate
The Financial Support Associate is a full-time, fiscal-year appointment reporting to The Business Services and Finance Coordinator. The Financial Support Associate is responsible for clerical processes relating to student and non-student accounts in accordance with TBR and TCAT Memphis’ policies and guidelines. He/she may execute difficult clerical accounting or auditing work as well as initiate and reconcile third-party billings. This position will perform collection functions as well as extensive account research. This position requires a work schedule of 37.50 hours per week. He/she may work some evenings and weekends as needed; have the ability to travel between three (3) campuses and site locations if needed. This role will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
· Assist manager in evaluation of uncollected accounts to be turned over to collection agencies.
· Assist manager in semi-annual accounts receivable write-off recommendation.
· Process receipts received via mail.
· Provide backup function for cashiers.
· Monitors payment plan activity.
· Assist the other Financial Support Associates 3 in resolving complex issues.
· Research student appeals and provide resolution recommendation.
· Account reconciliations.
· Bills third party accounts and maintain reconciliation of outstanding accounts and unbilled contracts.
· Process third party authorizations to student accounts.
· Create, reconcile and distribute vendor invoices for student and non-student charges
· Research payments presented for processing.
· Assist with inquiries from students and outside parties by providing excellent customer service.
· Assist with special projects and other assignments as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any
particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Candidates who are called for an interview must notify Human Resources in writing at least five (5) days in advance of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Associate’s degree in Business or related studies is required.
· Two (2) years of experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting principles.
· Experience in general computer with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel and Word.
· Knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls.
· Knowledge of principles and methods of bookkeeping or accounting.
· Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
· Ability to direct the flow of a considerable volume of detailed work.
· Ability to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
· Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
· Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the faculty, staff and students.
· A background check will be required for the successful candidate.
Salary is commensurate with experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Send resume and application to:
Pam Farley, Executive Secretary
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a covered veteran, or genetic information in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Gwen Sutton (901-543-6137) or via this webpage: http://www.tcatmemphis.edu.