Job TitleFULL-TIME TRUCK DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Memphis is accepting applications for the position of Truck Driving Instructor. The Instructor is responsible for teaching safety regulations; CDL regulations, traffic laws, road atlas, and highway routes; instruments and cab controls; engine and air brake systems, adverse weather condition driving techniques; hazardous materials transportation; clutch, gear, and transmission patterns; coupling and uncoupling trailers, obstacle course and backing procedures, and defensive driving.
- High school diploma, Technical College Certificate, and Third-Party Examiner credentials preferred
- Must hold a valid commercial driver’s license in Tennessee
- Three years of experience as an over-the-road driver with an exemplary record
- Must possess good communication and computer skills
- Able to organize and provide theory and practical instruction to students to obtain CDL
- Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills, and mature attitude
- Providing individualized theory and hands-on instruction
- Monitor, grade and evaluate individual student progress
- Maintain student records in the college’s student records management system
- Submit reports timely
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students
- Maintain industry advisory committee
- Maintain good relationships with business and industry partners
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Applicants must submit a resume and a TCAT Memphis Application
- The application is found at www.tcatmemphis.edu
- The application must include at least two (2) professional references
- Resume and application accepted until the position is filled
- Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification before employment
Emailed application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job offers an excellent salary with benefits and more than six weeks of paid vacation annually.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Gwen Sutton, 550 Alabama Ave, Memphis, TN 38105, phone no. 901-543-6137, Email: email@example.com.