Job TitleIT Infrastructure Administrator
The IT Infrastructure Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the college’s computer networks, educational courseware products, and BANNER systems that support, Financial Aid, HR, Finance, Student Registration & Records processes across all campuses. The job responsibilities include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Administrator will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain an IT Policy Handbook that is in compliance with Tennessee Board of Regents’ policies and procedures.
- Under the direction of the President or his designee – develop and operationalize a Technology Access Fee spending plan that is in compliance with Tennessee Board of Regents’ policies and procedures.
- Perform network design and capacity planning, which includes conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Installs and maintains network file servers and network operating systems; ensures that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at separate locations; maintains system documentation.
- Provide hardware and software technical support to college staff and faculty.
- Diagnoses problems with network equipment and performs equipment repair or upgrades as needed.
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Install, configure, and maintain network cabling and other networking equipment such as hubs, switches, and routers.
- Manage security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assist with the management of the college’s security text/email alert system.
- Work in close cooperation with BANNER and Shared Services staff at the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college
- Possess IT certifications that are applicable to the job responsibilities
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols
- Operational knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Operational knowledge of switch configuration and programming
- Ability to install software and hardware on networking equipment and computers
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and desktop computer software, including BANNER
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment
- Able to communicate with faculty, students, staff, and others in a clear and concise manner
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a professional team
Desired Personal Attributes: Analytical, good judgment, attention to detail, commitment to the college, dependable, great work attendance, good communicator, initiative, knowledge of work, planner, and organizer, team player, technical/professional self-development, and trustworthy.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and the salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position filled
1. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and TCAT Memphis Application.
2. The application can be found on the college’s website www.tcatmemphis.edu.
3. Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attn: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue Memphis, TN 38105
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Gwen Sutton is designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: 550 Alabama Ave, Memphis, TN 38105, phone no. 901-543-6137, Email: email@example.com