Job TitleProject Coordinator
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis (TCAT Memphis) invites applications for the position of Project Coordinator. TCAT Memphis is one of twenty-seven Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) technical colleges accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing U.S. Department of Labor program grants. The Coordinator will collaborate closely with three other consortium 2-year colleges, local workforce and economic development partners, business entities, and internal workforce and academic departments in support of the Greater Memphis Alliance for a Competitive Workforce (GMACW) program. The Coordinator will also be the liaison in reporting and following consortium directives as specified by the overall grant Project Manager. This is a full-time, grant funded (3 yrs.) position.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. At least 3 years of progressive management experience that involves multiple stakeholders. Experience in strategic planning and project management is highly desirable. Experience in technical training environment preferred. Grant/fiscal management experience also preferred.
- Knowledge of PCs and proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with personnel, business communities and students in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be an innovative, strategic thinker.
- Ability to lead, plan and prioritize projects.
- Ability to manage project reporting, budgeting, and conceptualization.
- Ability to work as a team player and maintain a high priority of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Efficient, detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work well with minimum supervision.
- Participant outreach and recruitment efforts
- Coordination of academic/training programs and support services
- Facilitation of job placement of graduates
- Track and report student outcomes
- Collaboration with the staff in the Grants office and Academic Affairs to ensure all aspects of grant activities, including fiscal reporting, procurement and budgeting are delivered
- Ensuring participant data is maintained in designated on-line data system and participant files
- Coordinate with the grant Project Manager to ensure compliance with consortium policies and institution’s goals / outcomes
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The completed packet may be sent via email to: email@example.com
or mail to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis
Attention: Pam Farley
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
Review of Applicants will begin immediately with submission deadline of Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
TCAT-Memphis is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer
Accredited with the Council on Occupational Education