Job TitleVice-President -Student Services
The Vice President of Student Services is to support the College President in administering and directing College affairs. He/she serves as the visionary officer for the student services
department and ensures quality, innovative, and student-centered services from recruiting,
retaining, and placement of graduates. This role administers the TBR policies and procedures that
apply to the area; directs the planning, developing, and implementation of all aspects of quality student services to meet the community's present and future needs. The position will comply with TBR and accreditation standards as well as federal guidelines. This position also works closely with the Vice President of Instruction and Institutional Effectiveness and other team members to ensure TCAT.
Memphis serves our campus and community needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Support the College President in the continuous review, revision, implementation, and monitoring of operational goals and objectives, while developing and making recommendations to the College President. Participate in professional development activities and statewide workshoos on an annual basis.
2. Provide leadershi o for Student Services with TBR-directed initiatives , vision and plannin g.
3. Provide leadership for the training and motivation of assigned staff to make full use of
individual caoabilities and meet colle2e ero wth and demands.
4. Responsible for all departmental activities, including required student surveys:
Everli Climate Sur vevs, Accreditation Standards 3 and 10, and IPEDS.
5. Coordinate with VP of Instruction and Institutional Effectiveness in planning and implementing
Student Activities, Student Organizations, Student Recognition, and Campus Student Success
6. Plan, develop, and evaluate a campus recruiting placement plan. This includes recruiting,
orientations, career counseling, campus tours, exit interviews, and graduate placement. Maintain
accurate student records for each student. Increasing Dual Enrollment opportunities for our
7. Responsible for the campus Student Handbook, campus publications, and working with our campus marketing for social media, website, and all public relations promotions.
8. Prepare the department budget each year and contain costs within budget allocations.
9. Prepare the annual report to the General Advisory Board, Legislative events, and
other information as requested by the Board or the TCAT Memphis Administration.
10. Responsible for success coaches, student recognition, student grievances, campus services for students, attendance counseling, career days, recruiting events, student records, and Student Awards.
11. Counsel students as necessary and maintain appropriate program and student records.
12. Must have a basic understanding of Financial Aid including federal and state guidelines.
Oversees all Financial Aid reports including FISAP, HEERF, and IPEDS.
13. Responsible for overseeing the Financial Aid Department. Making sure that all federal, state,
guidelines are followed. Working with the Financial Aid Coordinator and the Financial Aid Officer overseeing all student financial aid is administered properly.
1. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform at a proficient level and to be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
Education: Master's Degree required
Experience: Five years of full-time employment in higher education in a college setting where the
candidate has experience planning and implementing successful campus student services
Specialized Knowledge: Must have at least five (5) years of successful supervisory experience in an educational setting, preferred in the student services area. Understand, implement, and evaluate campus, state, federal policies, and laws-experience with a student information system and accreditation requirements of the student services area.
Unique Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions;
ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers; ability to express ideas clearly,
concisely, and convincingly; and plan and direct the work of others. Administrative skills,
technical writing, project management. Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple projects
simultaneously and meet deadlines. Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, student information systems such as Banner, People Soft, etc.
Mental Concentration Required: Good analytical and exceptional communication skills (written,
verbal, and presentation skills), combined with an orientation for details and creativity. Ability
to concentrate/focus for long periods.
Please send completed cover letter, completed TCAT application, resume, and transcript to: Pam
Farley, TCAT Memphis, 550 Alabama Ave, Memphis, TN 38105;
TCAT Applications can be found at
Deadline for this position is open until filled.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected
veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee
Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
Dr. Gwen Sutton
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Memphis
550 Alabama Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105 firstname.lastname@example.org 901-543-61 37