Payment of Fees
Fees may be paid by cash, check, money order, credit card, or by charging against financial aid. Students must pay their fees or have third-party-agency authorizations on file before being admitted to class each term. Students may charge against financial aid awards once their financial aid file is complete. No two-party checks or partial payments will be accepted.
Refund of Maintenance Fees
Note: Refunds are only available for maintenance fees. Refunds are not made on the technology access fee, student activity fee, program academic fees, or on items purchased from the bookstore.
For students who charge costs against a financial aid award, refunds may go to state or federal entities before the student is refunded money. Refund checks are typically mailed to the student within two to three weeks.
A student is eligible for a refund in the following circumstances:
- Change in full-time student’s schedule which results in a reclassification to part-time
- Change in a part-time student’s schedule which results in a class load of fewer hours
- Voluntary withdrawal from school within the refund period
- Cancellation of a class by the school
- Death of a student
- Full refund: A refund of 100% will be allowed if the class is canceled by the school, if the student drops or withdraws prior to the first official day of classes, or if a student passes away during the trimester.
- Partial refund:
- A refund of 75% will be allowed if a program is dropped or a student withdraws within the first 10% of class hours.
- A refund of 50% will be allowed if a program is dropped or a student withdraws within the first 20% of class hours.
- No refund will be granted after a student has attended 20% of the class hours. There will be no refunds after the first official day of classes when a minimum fee is collected (lowest fee shown on the fee schedule).
- No refunds are made to students that begin a supplementary class.
Bad Check Collection
When a check or credit card payment is dishonored and returned, the institution may withdraw the student for non-payment of fees after 15 days, unless the student then pays the fees in cash.
At the discretion of the institution, the student may be considered enrolled until the dishonored check is redeemed, but the student will be charged a returned check fee ($30), may be charged a late registration fee, and will be denied grade reports, transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and future registration privileges until the fees are paid.
The institution may deny future check-writing privileges to students who have paid registration fees with checks that are subsequently dishonored.
Direct Deposit of Refunds
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology is pleased to now offer direct deposit to its students. To receive refunds in the fastest way possible, students may authorize processing by direct deposit to a personal checking or savings account. Once you complete the initial direct deposit authorization, you will not be required to reauthorize each trimester. However, you must update your bank information, if any changes in account information occur, to ensure your funds are going into your current account and are not delayed. You may also opt out of direct deposit at any time. If you choose to opt out, you will need to contact your institution for instructions.
You can enroll in direct deposit anytime, but there may be a delay in receiving your initial trimester refund if you enroll less than two weeks prior to the initial disbursement date each trimester. Allow 10 business days for processing of an authorization before an available refund can be transmitted via direct deposit.
The college assumes no responsibility for funds not transferred as a result of incorrect banking information. The college will not process additional direct deposits until the initial funds have been returned to the college’s bank account by your financial institution. This process may take up to seven business days.
How do I Authorize Direct Deposit?
- Log in to https://portal.tbr.edu using your S-Number and your password.
- Select the My Account tab on the left.
- Select the Direct Deposit icon.
- Select Update Direct Deposit Information.
- Enter your banking information:
- Routing Number, Account Number, Type of Account (checking/savings).
- Place a check mark in the “Accounts Payable Deposit” checkbox.
- Select Save.
- You will receive an email confirming that changes have been made to your account.