How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
- Contact your physician and obtain your proof of vaccination letter
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, must submit proof of MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) vaccination
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1980, must submit proof of varicella (chicken pox) vaccination
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the insitutiton's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
Student Services Department
550 Alabama Ave
Memphis, TN 38105
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Must have a high school diploma or HSE
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must pass Certified Medical Exam required by the Department of Transportation
Must hold a valid Tennessee Driver’s license.
Must submit motor vehicle report establishing no more than two moving violations within the last three years and no DUI or DWI convictions within the last 5 years
Must pass substance abuse test conducted by a TCAT endorsed drug bank.
Note: Learner’s Permits must be obtained no later than the 10th day of class. A second attempt is acceptable; however, the 10th day of class maximum limit is firm.
STUDENTS THAT DO NOT OBTAIN THEIR PERMIT WITHIN THE 10TH DAY OF CLASS TIME LIMIT WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THE TRUCK DRIVING PROGRAM. SUSPENDED STUDENTS MUST RE-APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT IF THEY DECIDE TO CONTINUE PURSUING THEIR CDL.
For more information regarding the practical nursing program, please contact Tanya Looney at (901) 543-6927.
For entrance into the Pharmacy Technician program, a student must have a high school or GED/HiSET diploma and a satisfactory physical exam with all required immunizations. Students in the program are subject to drug testing and background screening.
In addition to regular admission requirements, applicant must:
Take the Compass Test
Furnish the school with two (2) work references or character references. (Relatives are not considered acceptable references.)
Submit the following required documents within the designated time frame:
High school and /or college transcript
Two letters of reference
Evidence of a recent physical examination by a licensed physician or nurse practitioner
Resume of work history
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license.